Do You Think Your Pool Is Leaking?
First Step Is To Do A Bucket Test. The Bucket Test will help you to determine whether the water loss is due to evaporation or a leak:
- Bring the pool water to normal operating level.
- Fill the bucket with pool water about 2 inches from the top.
- Place the bucket on the first step of the pool or on the deck.
- Mark the water level on the inside of the bucket.
- Shut off the pump and mark the pool level on the bucket if you put it on the first step. Otherwise you can just use a piece of tape on the side of the pool wall.
- Turn the pump back on and allow it to run normal but do not use the pool.
- After 24 hours, compare the two levels. If the level of the water in the pool has dropped more than the bucket, then there is probably a leak.
Note: If you have a fountain, spa, or any type of spillway, the best way for you to do this test would be to leave it off for 24 hours.
If you have any questions feel free to call us at 1.866.982.8414, and one of our leak technicians will be happy to help.